Effective September 1st 2019, homeowners will have an added layer of protection when it comes to preventing being scammed by less-than-reputable roofing companies. According the to the Texas Insurance Commission it is illegal for contractors to waive or absorb insurance deductibles, as well as to offer deductible-based rebates as a selling point to get your business. This is more common than most homeowners might imagine, and should serve as a huge red flag to anyone in need of roof repairs or full roofing system replacement.
Here are a few ways to ensure that you’re dealing with a reputable roofing company when having your roof replaced after storm damage or other major catastrophes.
- Be sure to get detailed estimates in-writing on official company letterhead
- Have estimates done by several companies to gauge pricing consistency
- Always verify the company’s phone number, business details and references
- Deal exclusively with roofers in your area and avoid door-to-door sales
- Never pay your entire invoice upfront and retain final payment until completion
- Notify the authorities in cases where roofers offer to waive insurance deductibles
- If the price for your new roof sounds too good to be true, it likely is.
Blue Nail is a Proud to be a Trusted, Reputable Dallas TX Roofer
Over the past decade, we at Blue Nail Roofing have worked hard to establish ourselves as a company Dallas area homeowners can trust. We don’t take shady measures to cut corners or pressure customers into signing contracts, and as evidenced by our reviews, the work we provide is among the most respected in the Dallas Fort Worth area.
If a contractor offers to waive your deductible, immediately report them to the Texas Attorney General Consumers Protection Hotline. For those seeking a roofing company with a staunch track record of integrity, fair rates, and exemplary service, get in touch with Blue Nail Roofing in Dallas by calling 469-726-2176 You can also write to us via email through our quick contact form.